I have times when eyes are tired, but more so during computer use in the covid 19 stay at home period. Anyone work from home? Check out these tips.
- To relax your eyes, remember the 20-20-20 rule to minimize eye fatigue. For every twenty minutes on the screen, look away at twenty feet for twenty seconds.
- Drinking water also helps. Not only for reducing risk of virus effect, but keep your eyes less dry.
- Eat carefully, if you are prone to stomach upset, it can lead to more dry eyes and effect on mucous layer. Eat more yogourt for better stomach environment.
- Sleep regularly. There is a disruption of our regular schedule, keeping the same sleeping pattern can maintain a good circadian rhythm, and minimize sickness.
- Go for 40cm or longer distance for reading.
Dr. Yan Ling Liang, OD